Twitter/Instagram/Pinterest

Instagram

Wednesday 4 April 2012

Knitted Card (yes, really)


So, it was my BFF's birthday this week and in true yarn-addict style I decided to knit her a card.

In my head the card looked a lot different...it was going to be all fancy and amazing and fabulous. But in the end it kind of looks like a primary school kid made it. That's not to say I still don't love it, and I'm sure she will too!

I encountered a few logistical problems after making the huge stockinette swatch to cover the actual bit of card. I thought I'd make it like a book cover. However, I failed to think about the extra thickness the overlap of an inch would make and I forgot the rolling that happens with a stockinette!

I ended up having to sew the swatch to the card, then gluing another bit of card to hide all of that! The sewing of her name turned out a bit childish, oh well, I guess it adds character!

I'm pretty happy with it, although I will make a few alterations to my next one! (oh, and the cupcake frosting and candle are crocheted before anyone points that out!)

NB Stockinette swatch was made with double knit (DK) acrylic yarn and 4.5mm needles

No comments:

Post a Comment