Twitter/Instagram/Pinterest

Instagram

Monday 22 April 2013

Braided Necklace




It was my sister-in-laws sister's birthday back in February.  I was really rubbish and abroad for her birthday...I managed to send a card but then completely forgot to get her a gift when I got back, now she's having a belated party, uh oh!!

I racked my brains for something to get her.  She literally just started a jewellery making course this weekend gone and so I thought I'd buy her a book.  Seemed good but had this niggling feeling that it wasn't quite enough.  So I did what I usually do when I need some inspiration - browse the patterns on Ravelry!  After a couple of minutes I came across this pattern (click here) for this gorgeous yet simple necklace design, and seeing as I only had a week to make this, it would be perfect!

I started it late last night and managed to finish it today, button and weaving ends in included!  It's so pretty and perfect for the summer.  Also, hopefully something quirky enough to tie in with her jewellery making course :)

PS I used the 'projects' bit on my Ravelry page for the first time ever for this necklace! If you're interested you can read it here.







No comments:

Post a Comment